Friday, September 4, 2015

Girl's Weekend in Atlanta!

I just got back from the absolute best weekend with my college girlfriends in Atlanta!
We really had such an amazing and relaxing time, and I realized just how blessed I am to have these women in my life.  

It all started out with a bang.  And by bang, I meant flying SOLO on a flight from Philly to Atlanta.  
I put in my earphones, listened to my choice of music (you know, anything but "The Wheels on the Bus"), opened (and finished) an entire bag of sour patch watermelon, and caught up on the latest fashion magazine.  (By the way, I don't think I can get on board with some of these fall trends....fur boots, black sheer tights, pleated skirts, and round-toe kitten heels?  I think I'll stick with my blanket scarf and skinny jeans from last year.)



We all were finally reunited, and it was of course like no time had passed at all.  Isn't that just the best?  The five of us are just like sisters, and we really are the best of friends.  For the past 14 years!  Time flies!



A highlight of the weekend was meeting the newest addition to our group - Chelsea's precious bundle of joy, baby L.  She was the sweetest, most content baby ever, and even slept through the night for the first time while we were there!  I definitely got baby fever (good timing, right?!), and it made me so excited to welcome our baby girl in just 8 short weeks!



Another highlight was the SURPRISE baby sprinkle that the girls threw me!  Outfits, books, framed art, blankets, and a dozen of the tastiest cupcakes EVER!  Thank you girls for making me feel so special and loved!  




Saturday was spent brunching, getting mani/pedis, lunching (we had the best lunch here), checking into our hotel for the rest of the weekend, lounging by the pool, getting ready for dinner (best part of any girl's weekend), and having a fabulous dinner out!  We definitely made the most of every minute we could! 








Sunday was filled with sleeping in (until 9:30am!), more brunching, and the saddest goodbyes ever!  
Until next time, ladies - thanks for a perfect getaway trip!  
And the last big trip before baby girl comes!  So special and so needed!

Hope you are all having a fabulous week!!

(linking up with April!)


post signature

4 comments:

BLovedBoston said...

How wonderful that you ladies still make it a priority to get together and enjoy your time!! So happy you were able to relax and escape! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Owen Ross Davis said...

what a perfect weekend!! I have a group of girls like that too and we try to get together AT LEAST once a year. they are definitely more like family than friends :) p.s. you look stunning with that baby bump!

Eloquently Emily said...

Yall look like you had such a fun trip! You look amazing also! Love weekends with girlfriends, good for the soul!

Annie said...

You look extra gorgeous in the pic of you looking at the cupcakes!! So glad you had a great girls weekend away. Those are good for the soul!