Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Our Favorite Snack

I don't know about y'all, but snacking is kind of a big deal around our house.  And most of the time it is getting myself or my kids in trouble.  Either it's too close to dinner (for my kids), or it's an entire box of Cheezits or chips/salsa for myself.  Snacking can be tricky, and especially healthy snacking!  So are you ready for our family's favorite healthy snack??

No Bake Energy Balls.
We have been making and loving these bite-sized snacks for years, but someone recently asked me for the recipe again, and I had to post it here!  Why not share the love!

They are so easy to make, (a great and simple recipe for kids to help with as well!),  incredibly yummy, and healthy too!  I love grabbing a few for breakfast, pre/post workout, popping a few in the kids' lunch bags, or throwing a bag of them in our cooler for the beach or pool!

(see recipe below!)


No-Bake Energy Balls

1 cup dry oats
1/2 cup peanut (or almond) butter
1/2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
1/4 cup flax seed
1 tbsp chia seeds)
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or raisins)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

MIX all ingredients.  CHILL for 45 minutes.
ROLL into balls.  ENJOY!
(refrigerate leftover balls)

*As you can see, there are many modifications you can make - feel free to make them according to what your family likes!*



post signature

2 comments:

Tess said...

I have all of these ingredients in my pantry - I think I'm going to give these a whirl this afternoon! Thank you!!!!

Owen Davis @ Davis Duo said...

I made these last week and they were the perfect healthy snack at work! So much better than me eating an entire bag of chips haha