When our family was in town for John's graduation, I wanted to put together an easy and quick dinner to have on our last evening at home. After filling our bellies with amazing and decadent food all weekend, I decided to go a healthier route with chicken and veggies.
This dish was SO simple, and tasted great! The recipe calls for bone-in chicken, but I already had boneless chicken breasts, so I just used those. But either would work.
I would definitely make this again - it's perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner!
(Serve with rice, bread, or a salad!)
Pan-Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 lb trimmed green beans
8 small red potatoes quartered
4 chicken breasts (with or without bone)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices.
3. Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs,
arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans.
4. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
5. Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet. Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; divide the green beans and potatoes equally. Serve warm.