Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday's Fancies - Short and Sweet

june 8th - short and sweet

It's Friday!  I've been slacking on my Friday's Fancies posts in awhile - but I'm back! 
And just in time for one of my favorite themes - SHORT and sweet :)  I adore shorts - and because I live in the south - I pretty much wear them all year round!    I got into the leather shorts trend for winter and paired them with tights, but now that it's summer, I'm wearing them on a daily basis!

From denim cutoffs (don't judge), to colored khaki (hello j.crew), scalloped and more, I can't get enough of them.  I recently saw some crochet shorts and then found an adorable eyelet pair at LOFT recently! 

My Friday's Fancies outfit is full of color and I LOVE these gorgeous lace shorts.  The outfit below is perfect for daytime, with cute sunnies and a cross-body bag.  But the shorts can be easily dressed up for a dinner out, with strappy wedges, a black silk tank, and a colorful clutch. 


short and sweet

1-2-3-4-5-6-7

Are you a fan of shorts - or would you rather stick with dresses or jeans?

XOXO
Happy Weekend!!


3 comments:

Jenn @ Party of One said...

LOVING those shorts!!! The shoes too! Great picks :)

Samantha Green said...

we are neighbours on friday's fancies this week, so just wanted to come by and say hello! i sooo wish i could wear shorts all year round. here in england, i'm lucky if we get to wear them for a week! i'm currently watching the rain out of my office window! anyway, have a lovely weekend and enjoy the sunshine :) xx

siddathornton said...

love the summery hues you've used! i especially love that top! happy weekend :)

- l