Friday, March 30, 2012

A Dreamboat and a Dream Camera


Happy Friday loves!  I hope you all have had a wonderful week :)
John and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary! 
I have to admit, every day I become more and more smitten with this man.  He is truly the light of my life and I feel so blessed to be his wife.  My heart melts knowing that we have the rest of our lives to spend together.
And that each moment, whether good or bad, will be weathered together, side by side.
I am a lucky girl. 








Isn't he a dreamboat?  :) 


On another note....
My birthday is coming up (well it's still over a month away, but I've already started the countdown. I love birthdays.)  And at the VERY top of my list is this beauty.

The Nikon D5100 Digital SLR Camera



Right now I use my Canon Powershot, which is great, but I've been dreaming of a "big daddy" camera for years now.  I would love to get into photography a little more, take better quality pictures, and capture precious moments to come.  Precious Moments.  Do y'all remember those books/devotions?  How sweet were they?  Ok, side-tracking.

Anyway, I wanted to see if any of you were Nikon owners/lovers, and had advice/suggestions/tips for me! 
What do I need to know? 

XOXO

P.S. Saw the Hunger Games movie and loved it!!  Definitely recommend reading the books before seeing the movie because the movie leaves out a lot of character development and emotion, but I was very happy with it!  Team Peeta!  ;)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

This is so sweet! Happy anniversary! Hope yall have a wonderful weekend :)

I also just recently got a big girl camera and love it! I still have no idea how to work half the buttons, but I'm learning! ha

Glitterista said...

Happy Anniversary! A big girl camera is on my wishlist as well. There seem to be many tutorials, etc. on pinterest when you do get one. ;)

Cassandra said...

Happy Anniversary (again)!

I am a Canon girl, but I do know Nikons are great as well! However, I have heard Canons are more user friendly. :) I have a Canon DSLR... Let me know if I can be of more help!

Anonymous said...

You have such a lovely blog.You and your husband look so happy. Pretty photos.

Dana said...

I have this exact same camera...my husband got it for me a few months back for a graduation from grad school present! I LOVE LOVE it!! And, he purchased it at Costco which I'd highly recommend b/c they have the most amazing, no questions asked return policy. The guy selling it basically said "Use it for a year... If it gets banged up and you decide you want to try something different, bring it back with the receipt and you'll get a full refund!" Can't beat that. But I love it and don't want to return it! Good luck with your camera hunt!