Saturday, October 3, 2015

September Favorites

September Beauty Favorites
1- Becca Highlight in "Champagne Pop" 
I know I blogged about this highlighter recently, but I just had to include it in my monthly favorites because I've been using it almost every day since I got it!  It's the most gorgeous peachy champagne color and it's so pigmented.  If I'm not in the mood to be all fancy with a face highlight - I'll just dab some on as an eyeshadow and be good to go!  Love this stuff!

2- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Exfoliant
Now, let me preface this one by saying I did NOT buy this full size skin care product.  Nor am I telling you that you should run out and spent $80 on an exfoliant.  BUT I did receive a decent sample size of this in my August Ipsy bag, and it is such an amazing and luxurious product!  It's gentle but it cleanses and exfoliates your skin, leaving it feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. And the subtle minty scent is just so perfect for fall and winter.  If you're in Sephora any time soon, ask for a sample of this stuff - it's pretty great. 

3- Kat Von D Shade Light Contour Palette 
I've had this palette for months, and I still use it all the time.  I use it to set my concealer, for a bronzer, and also as a daily eyeshadow.  It's creamy and smooth, blendable, and the colors are so natural looking.  A great value for the amount of product and range of colors that you get!  

4- Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gloss 
I got this lip gloss on sale at Sephora and it's the first one I had tried in this Sephora Collection line.  I snagged it for $7, and I absolutely love it! My color (#42) has sold out, but I definitely want to pick up other shades!  It's a perfect gloss consistency - not too sticky, but very moisturizing and long lasting!  I reach for it almost every day!

5- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads
These are an oldie but a goodie.  I've used these eye makeup remover pads since college.  I started using Bioderma back in the spring, and now that I've run out of that, I'm back to theses little pads and they are a dream.  Love them!

6- Anastasia Brow Wiz 
Another staple in my beauty drawer.  This eyebrow pencil is simply the best one I've ever used.  Natural, long-wearing, and so easy to apply.  I think I'm on my 3rd one!  

7- Mac Blush in "Sunbasque"
This blush was a splurge and I spent months deciding whether or not I should get it.  But I'm so glad I did.  It was perfect for summer - a dark peachy color with shimmer - and will still transition very well into fall.  It's almost like a bronzer and blush in one, which is great for those crazy (or lazy) days when you don't want to mess with makeup. 

8- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream 
I was introduced to this line last year, and I've honestly loved every product I've tried.  This cream might be my favorite of them all though - it's so thick, moisturizing, and luxurious feeling.  But it doesn't leave you feeling sticky or goopy.  I love it for the fall and winter especially when my skin gets dry and thirsty.  

9- Living Proof "Perfect Hair Day" Treatment
I picked up the travel size of this when I went to Florida this summer, and I have loved using it as a weekly treatment on my hair since then.  It claims to provide volume, smoothness, conditioning, strength and polish in one easy step.  And I agree! A little goes a long way too, I'm sure I'll be using the travel size for months to come.  Just use on damp hair before blow drying.  

Hope you enjoyed reading about some of my favorites over the past month!
Did you have any beauty standouts or products you would recommend?


post signature

No comments: