Chocolate Caramel Brittle
(recipe via Framed Cooks)
1 sleeve saltines
2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
12 ounces chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line an 11x17 baking pan with foil.
3. Lay out all saltines in a single layer in pan, sides touching.
4. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
Add brown sugar and heat to boiling for 3 minutes, stirring
5. Pour butter/sugar mixture over saltines, making sure to
cover all of them thoroughly.
6. Bake for 7 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in microwave for 2-3
minutes until they are completely melted when you
stir them. Spread them on top of the saltines,
8. Refrigerate until completely cooled and hardened.
Break into pieces.
This sweet treat is soooo tasty and is similar to any other
kind of bark, but it has the sweet and salty combination that
I love! It's so easy and was a huge hit with my family over
the holidays! I would definitely recommend this to any
chocolate lovers, especially if you like the sweet/salty
Enjoy! Here are my pictures of the process :)