I have really gotten into makeup over the past year or so, and I love to hear about all my friend's makeup routines and favorite products! I have finally gotten a wonderful makeup routine down, and I am loving it! Some of these items are a tad expensive, but I have to say they are definitely worth it. Others are just drugstore items. Take a look! And give some a try!
1. Bare Escentuals Prime Time - I put this silky smooth primer on after my normal moisturizer. It evens out my skin and makes the makeup go on smoothly. It also makes foundations/powders last longer.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Illuminating - I LOVE this stuff. It is my go-to easy/light makeup for spring and summer. I usually wear it alone w/ some concealer, blush, and mascara. It gives good coverage, but is light and glowy. (I don't wear this every day under powder/bronzer/etc....I use plain moisturizer under that.)
3. Sonia Kashuk Concealer - This is a great pallette for all skin tones/colors. Great for under the eyes, and it has different shades, so you can use it all year round (when you are tan or pale.) It has 3 creams/1 powder.
4. Bare Escentuals Mineral Powder - This is my favorite loose powder/foundation. It is weightless and is great for setting other foundations or wearing alone over moisturizer/concealer (like me!)
5. Nars Blush - I have used this blush since college, and have tried many others...but I always come back to this. It has amazing pigment, and it is the perfect shade of coraly-pink with a hint of gold shimmer. So pretty, and worth the splurge...it lasts forever!
6. Mac Skinfinish in Soft - I just recently bought this after several friends recommended it, and I love it! Especially for spring/summer. It is a highlighter and I apply it right above my blush (w/ the same brush). It gives a soft shimmery glow, but is not shiny.
7. Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten - I wear this every day - I'm not good at wearing lots of different eye shadows and blending them to create a smoky eye effect. I usually just wear one color...maybe two. This one is a pretty, shimmery neutral, and looks very pretty in the inner corner and under the brow bone.
8. Maybelline Eyeliner - I wear different eyeliners for different occasions, and like to switch it up a lot. I love this one, because it is so soft and very easy to apply. I also like the Maybelline gel liners that come in the pots.
9. Maybelline "Falsies" Mascara - Love this mascara -- it gives my lashes lots of volume and length :) I have never bought a "high end" mascara...I think drugstore ones are just as good, if not better! (I also love the Cover Girl Lash Blast in the orange tube).
10. Nars Lip Gloss - This was an early bday gift to myself :) Turkish Delight is the perfect pinky nude color, and looks great over lipsticks, or worn alone. (And it's Kim Kardashian's fave!)
11. Rosebud Salve - I wear this every day, to work, to play, to shop, to bed. Can't live without it!
What are your favorite makeup products? Favorite brands? Makeup routines? I'd LOVE to hear!