Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Roundup

First of all, I want to thank y'all for your well wishes from the last post!  I am on meds and feeling much better!  To celebrate the return of my taste buds, I immeditately went out and treated myself with a delicious iced pumpkin spiced latte....


Mmmmmmm.  Fall flavors are my FAVE.  Pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, maple....I'm definitely getting in the baking/cooking mood.  And just in time for my 3rd annual Fall Desserts party coming up this week.  I plan on making some delicious and super festive treats (mostly found from Pinterest recipes).  Excited to share more about that once the party takes place! 

On to more pics from the weekend....

My first fall manicure -- a dark burgandy OPI color (forget the name) that I am LOVING!

Saturday was absolutely beautiful, and was spent at the DUKE/FSU football game.  I helped out at the Special Olympics tent before kick-off, which was a blast!  Here are some of my new friends:


And here are some OLD friends!  Sarah (on the left) is my 2nd cousin, and came up from Jacksonville for the game!!  And Jane (on my right) is my longtime friend from Pensacola, who lives here in NC with me!
SOOOO much fun to hang with you girls!!  :)





Saturday night was an evening of FUN at the State Fair!!  Post on that to come :)
We went with 3 other couples and had a blast...although I'm felt a little old waiting in the ride lines with hundreds of teeny-boppers! 


Oh yes.  Funnel cake was dominated.

My craft of the week finally finished!  A monogrammed fall wreath!
Will be posting a EASY-peezy tutorial asap for this. 


How was everyone's weekend?! 
XOXO

2 comments:

bailey said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! But why do they seem so short, that's my only question!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Lovely weekend! Im digging the burgundy nails!