Today I'm linking up with Becky over at From Mrs. to Mama, for a little "LOVE STORY" to celebrate one of my favorite holidays!
3. If married, how long have you been married? 4 years next month! The best 4 years of my life!
4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
1. He is the sweetest man in the world. He makes me smile just thinking about him, and would do absolutely anything for anyone. I really don't know how I got so lucky.
2. He loves the Lord and is constantly learning and growing in his faith. He is the rock of our family, and makes me strive to be a better wife, daughter, sister and friend.
3. His sense of humor. He makes me laugh like no one else and he loves being goofy and silly with me. I love that he takes life seriously, but still likes to have fun :) (We LIVE for amusement parks and roller coasters -- I don't know if we will ever REALLY grow up!)
7. Tell us how he proposed?
I was home in Florida for my spring break from Ultrasound school, and my parents and I were spending the day at the beach. John was still in Tennesee, working...or so I thought. My mom and dad decided to go on a walk, and I stayed behind, soaking up the beautiful ocean waves and sand beneath my toes. While I was relaxing, a couple came close to me and set up a blanket, sprinkled rose petals, and then proceeded to open their 2 violin cases and start playing beautiful love songs on their violins. I thought it was the most romantic thing ever, and thought they must be celebrating some kind of anniversary together. I just stared at them, not really bothered by the fact that they were so close to me.
I looked behind me to see if my parents were anywhere in sight to see this magical moment, and then I saw him. John was walking slowly over one of the sand dunes towards me, in a perfectly pressed suit, looking handsome as ever. I couldn't think straight -- he was supposed to be in Tennessee! He came down to where I was and then led me over to the blanket where the violinists began to play "CANON IN D". All that was for US! I melted as he got down on one knee, pulled out the most beautiful ring I had ever seen, and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him as his wife.
I said "YES!" and almost immediately, my parents and his dad came over the same dunes with champagne, fruit, cheese and crackers and we had a celebration right on the beach as the sun was setting. It was perfect.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Ummm, can I have both? :) I grew up at the beach, so I do love a good sunset dinner, but I'd have to say the couch and movie is probably more what we do these days. Really it doesn't matter what we are doing, fancy or casual, as long as we are together, I'm a happy girl!
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Hmmm, we've done a lot, and we have been so lucky to be able to travel a lot already. Honestly, I just can't wait to have a family together! That is what I am most looking forward to with my life with him. I can't wait to see him as a Daddy, and I know my heart will be the fullest when the Lord blesses us with a baby one day. (But if I had to choose somewhere to GO, it would be Hawaii!)
|John with our sweet nephew Elijah|
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
I have to work the night of the 14th, so we are going to be celebrating on the 16th. We haven't set our plans in stone quite yet, but I'm sure we will have at least one course of fondue! We have both been really wanting to try to make deep dish pizzas, so we might make it a romantic night in -- Italian style! Wine, good food, flowers, and maybe a little smooching ;)
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
We don't usually do big gifts for Valentine's because our anniversary is just a few weeks away, and we do a fun vacation for that. This year we are giving eachother tickets to go see Wicked! I'm very excited!
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
This was taken the day before our wedding --- My husband and dessert -- 2 of my true loves! ;)
Be sure to check out TONS more wonderful and mushy love stories over at Becky's blog.
AND have a very Happy Valentine's Day!