Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday's Fancies - A Crush on Poppy

This Friday's Fancies is all about an outfit crush - one that you've seen around (be it Pinterest or Instagram, People StyleWatch, wherever!)
This week, I was inspired by the lovely POPPY DELEVIGNE....


I LOVE the contrast of this outfit:
A flirty dress mixed with a rough moto style jacket &
pretty hair and makeup mixed with edgy booties.
This look is perfect for a night out with girlfriends or a date at a fun and hip restaurant. It's great for fall and winter especially, with the layers and the closed toe shoes.  

And here's my recreation -

Night Out


 I love the jacket with this printed dress, and even though I would die for Poppy's Chanel handbag, I chose a less expensive alternative for my look (although it's still a pretty penny!) :)
The bronzer, blush, and pink lipstick gives the perfect glow, and I also added some fun bracelets to complete the outfit!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend - John and I have a date night out tonight to dinner and movie (maybe I'll recreate this look from my closet!  Or maybe I'll wear yoga pants and UGGS, who knows...).   And then tomorrow we are going to explore a new park and hiking trail here!  The sun is finally shining again - yay!!

What are your weekend plans??  
(And isn't Poppy the cutest - do yourself a favor and google "Poppy Delevigne Style....you will fall in love and spend the next 2 hours scrolling and swooning.)

p.s. I got a blog makeover!!  Thank you tricia nae designs!


post signature

6 comments:

Katie said...

Love the new look!!

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

Love that look!

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

Shia
World According to Shia

Annie said...

Love your new look!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Cute! I love her look and your take on it. Great job!

And I like the new look :)

Laura Beth said...

Love your new makeover & your style!! Great job friend!

still_ill83 said...

I love your recreation of her look! so cute. <3

smartstylewithstephanie.blogspot.com