Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday Six


Yup - I had all intentions to put this post up yesterday, for my "Friday Five", but I'm a day late :)
It's been a better week, I'm slowly but surely getting back to normal.  I still have stents in my nose from surgery, that I will have removed on Monday.  So ready for that to happen.
Another big thanks to y'all for your precious words of encouragement, thoughts, and prayers!

Now, on to my Saturday Six!  ;)

1. Happy Birthday Mimi!









It's my beautiful Mama's birthday!  She is the epitome of unconditional love, and serves others like no one I've ever met.  Seeing her becoming Andrew's "Mimi" has been the greatest joy!  Can't wait to celebrate in Florida next week!


2.  Alex and Ani Bracelets

I never thought I was a huge "charm" bracelet fan, but I was recently given an Alex and Ani Initial Bracelet, that I've been wearing with everything!  I noticed that Princeton just opened an Alex and Ani store, so I popped in this week, and they have some cuuuuuuuuute stuff!!  I just love stacks of bracelets, and these are the ultimate stacking bracelet!



Initial Charm Bracelet


Sparkler Beaded Bangle


Bangle Set



Bamboo Beaded Bracelet


Rock and Raw Wrap



3. Tate's Chocolate Chip Cookies

A sweet friend brought over these delicious cookies while I was recovering from surgery, and oh.my.goodness.  Have y'all had these?  I don't think I've seen them in the south...but they are similar to Nam's Bits!
Big, crispy (yet chewy), chocolatey, buttery, and just so darn good!  


I found this recipe - and I think I may give them a try!


4. Gigi's in Town

After my parents left last week, we got a new visitor!  John's sweet mother came for the week, and we had such a great time!  She took care of Andrew so much, and helped me out a ton!


They went swimming, took walks, and bonded so much!



She wore him out!  ;)



*Thank you so much "Gigi" for everything!*


5.  Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!

You have most likely noticed the Nordstrom sale currently going on - and I've put just a few things in my shopping bag....these are some of my picks!

'Live In' Reversible Leggings
Zella Leggings - $33
(Such a great deal for these "Lululemon-like" leggings!  I have them in the space dye fabric and I absolutely looooove them.)

'Live In' Reversible Capris
Reversible Capris - $28
(These are on their way to me!)


'Jagger' Coated Skinny Jeans (Eggplant) (Juniors)
Vigoss Coated Jeans - $52
(I can just picture these in the Fall with a flowy cream blouse, or a gray cable-knit sweater!)

'Danielle' Oval Statement Earrings
Kendra Scott Earrings - $39
(Snatch these up, while you can - they hardly ever go on sale!  Love this color for Fall!)

'Free 5.0 TR Fit 4' Training Shoe (Women)
Nike Frees - $66
(I've had my eye on these for awhile, and I think I may just treat myself to them in this fun color!  I've been working out a lot recently, and I could use a new pair of tennies!)


6. Pizza



I mean - what's a blog post from me without a picture of a pizza.
This was from last night - dining al fresco at our favorite pizza place!

HAPPY WEEKEND, LOVES!!
We are off for a summer picnic today at the lake with John's office!  And then I'm packing for our trip to Florida - we leave on Tuesday!



post signature

2 comments:

B @ The Sequin Notebook said...

Best of luck with today's follow-up visit, and enjoy your upcoming vacay! Tate's cookies are so crisp and delicious - it's hard to visit picking up a pack whenever I come across them!

Cat Simmonds said...

What kind of chalk paint do you use and where can you get it? Mine seems too light and your is clear and paint like..