Monday, November 9, 2015

Baby #2 - Weeks 38-39




How far along?  38 weeks
Baby Size: Baby is the size of a pumpkin.
Total weight gain/loss: Around 38 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Living in soft tee shirts and these jeans.  
Stretch marks? A couple :(
Sleep: Still sleeping really good, thank goodness.  But Andrew is still dealing with some anxiety at night - so we are up with him at night some. Hope I can get some good nights of sleep before baby!
Best moment this week:  Halloween parties with Andrew, and an amazing breakfast and pedicures date with my girlfriend!  
Miss Anything? I really miss my old body!  Ha! 
Movement: She is moving, and I can still feel her pretty high.  And daily hiccups. 
Food cravings: Pumpkin Bread!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. 
Have you started to show yet: Yep.
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks all the time.  Groin pain and lower back pain. Got checked again at the OB this week -1cm and 30% effaced, same as last week! 
Belly Button in or out? In, barely. 
Wedding rings on or off? Off - more swelling in my hands and feet this week. 
Mood? Ahh, a mix of emotions!  Nervous about Andrew's sleep regression and anxiety, but hopeful that it ends soon!  And so excited to meet baby girl! 
Looking forward to: My baby shower dinner with all my girlfriends from the Mom's group!  I can't wait!  




How far along?  39 weeks
Baby Size: Baby is the size of a watermelon.
Total weight gain/loss: Around 39 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Ugh. Yes.  And I'm so tired of them. 
Stretch marks? Yep a couple on one side. 
Sleep: Andrew is back on track with his sleep and separation anxiety - thank you Lord! So we are getting sleep again...just in time for a newborn to arrive!  HA! 
Best moment this week: My baby shower over the weekend!  Visiting Daddy at work. And my 39 week appointment (hopefully my last one)!        
Miss Anything? I can't wait to order sushi and Jersey Mikes subs literally the day after she is born!  
Movement: She has dropped!  Feeling movement very low!  
Food cravings: Sweets, all day long. Powdered donuts specifically, yes please. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. 
Have you started to show yet: Yeah, kinda. ;)
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: Groin pain, and Braxton Hicks a lot.  At my 39 week appointment yesterday I was 1cm and 30% effaced, same as last week! 
Belly Button in or out? In, but just barely. 
Wedding rings on or off? Off - hands and feet are still a little bit swollen. 
Mood? Eeeeek!  So excited!  Feeling good! 
Looking forward to: One last week (hopefully!) of being pregnant!  A fun birthdayday party at the orchard this weekend, and my parents arrival on Sunday!  


**Well, I obviously never got this post up, because little Miss Ellie decided to come 4 days early!  This post was supposed to go up the day she was born!  ;)  I think the day at the orchard - specifically the hay ride that we took the kids on - put me into labor!  She was born less than 18 hours later. Ha!  Pic from the day:

  

So even though Ellie is here now, I still wanted to document the last 2 weeks, just so I could look back and see my thoughts, emotions, and progress! Thanks for following along with me over this wonderful journey!**


post signature

1 comment:

Annie said...

So glad she's here! I hope things are going well and you're feeling ok!