Oh, how I love southern and delicious comfort food. I tried my hand at making this savory Chicken Pot Pie dish last night and it turned out really well! The flavors were yummy and it was the perfect dish for the cool night that we had here in NC. Honestly, there isn't anything I would change to this recipe (found here), so give it a go!
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 16-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 package pie crusts
basil, oregano, thyme, pepper
1 egg Directions:
1. Cook chicken (in boiling water), shred, and season with spices.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Microwave vegetables according to package instructions, and mix together with chicken and soup. Fill crust with this mixture.
3. Cover with the other crust and make slits. (I did the lattice approach by cutting the crust in strips and criss-crossing across the top.)
4. Light beat one egg and combine with a splash of water. Brush this mixture on the top crust.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.