Thursday, September 27, 2012

Birthday Boy!!

This past week (and weekend!), we celebrated hubs' 30th birthday!!  And what a celebration it was :)  NYC was amazing, and then after we got back, I had a few little surprises up my sleeve.  

First up, I made him a little photo slideshow video, about our new "home" together, and the fact that no matter where we are, that being together is what "home" really means to me.


Next, was a fun little project that I had been working on - first seen on Pinterest.  If you haven't seen it, it's basically a jar filled with lots of "dates", and you pick a random stick from the jar at the beginning of the week. 


Embedded image permalink 


Throughout the week, you decide which day you can make the date happen, and there you have it!  A fun new way to spice up your dating relationship! We have been together for over 8 years (married for 4), and I find that dating is just as important now (if not more important), than it was before we got married.  It brings excitement, glamour, romance, and spice into the marriage, and allows you to have that special quality time that so easily can get lost in the craziness of life.

 For the "dates", I just bought the multi-color pack of tongue-depressor sticks at Michaels, labeled them with lots of fun date ideas, and then used an old Mason jar to hold them.  
For planning purposes, this is how I color-coded my sticks:

Yellow = At home dates
Green = $ dates out
Blue = $$ plan ahead dates

Embedded image permalink

Another little surprise was a delicious home-cooked dinner and dessert made by yours truly.  I made his favorite "Spaghetti and Meatballs" - thank you Pioneer Woman! 
And then, for dessert, I made my very first Fruit Pizza!!
(hubs is not a big a cake fan.)


Embedded image permalink

The fruit pizza was so easy, and delish.  I'll just write down what I did!

Ingredients:

1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Roll
1 Package Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
1 8oz Jar of Marshmallow Fluff
Fruit of your choice!

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray round pizza pan with cooking spray.
Break up sugar cookie dough, and press in even layer to edges of pan.
Bake for 16-20 minutes until golden brown.
Cool at least 30 minutes.

Mix softened cream cheese and marshmallow fluff with electric mixer, until well combined.
Spread on cooled cookie crust. 
Decorate with fruit!

ENJOY!!
XOXO

AND A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO MY BIRTHDAY BOY!  I LOVE YOU MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY - YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE AND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE.


3 comments:

Natalie said...

Your gifts were so so thoughtful! It looks like such a fun celebration. My husband is turning the big 3-0 next year -- I'll be storing away your date night idea gift! xo

Wendy Annabeth said...

I love this idea & your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)

Meredith said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration. Nicely done :)