Wednesday, September 26, 2012

European Adventure - Rome {1}

I am finally to my LAST city of our European Adventure blog posts!
And I just might have saved the best for last ;)
From the Amalfi Coast - see post here - we made our way to Rome, Italy.  We planned to explore this city with 2 of our best friends from Tennessee, which worked out perfectly!  

The first day we toured the Basilica de San Pietro (where Peter's chains are held), St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican....







lunch break!  ;)
my favorite ceiling of all time - the Vatican



We got a quick sneak peek of the Colloseum...



And then enjoyed the most wonderful evening in Rome - taking in the gorgeous views, and then having dinner and drinks near the Pantheon.




The next (beautiful!) day was spent taking in the amazing sites of the Roman ruins, the Forum, and Palatine Hill.  It was absolutely breathtaking and I could have spent an entire week getting lost here!







the most amazing arch




I was in complete awe of this particular ruin - the picture does not even do the size of it justice - it was incredible.


Coming up - Rome part {2}!

1 comment:

A Brew of Blessings said...

Ahh looks so beautiful! I can't wait to visit Rome :)