Sunday, February 27, 2011

RTR for Spring

 Happy Sunday!  I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!  I've been a busy bee at work, and have been in bed by 9:00pm the last two nights!  It's been great :) I'm excited to go to an Oscar's viewing party tonight -- I can't wait to find out who wins the awards, and of course check out the (hopefully) amazing fashion!  I love award shows, and this one is by far the most entertaining and glamourous to me. 

Have you all heard of Rent the Runway?  I'm sure most of you have, but if you haven't, it is a website where you can "rent" designer dresses, clothes, and accessories for a fraction of the original cost of the item.  They will ship you the item (in 2 different sizes of your choice) and you get to keep it for several days, and then you return it.  It is great for special occasions, wedding weekends, and fun events where you would love to wear something fancy shmancy, but don't want to pay a fortune. 
Especially if you might only wear the item once! 

Anywho, I have yet to try anything from the website, but I have lots of friends who have, and they loved it! 
Here are my top picks for spring, now all I need is a reason to rent one! Beach vacation? Cruise? John, are you reading this???  ;) 

XOXO
Milly -$50

Proenza Schouler -$200

Rebecca Taylor -$50

Robert Rodriguez -$50

Shoshanna -$50

Tibi -$50

Trina Turk -$40

Trina Turk -$50

12th St. by Cynthia Vincent -$50

Yumi Kim -$40
Have you ever tried RTR?  Did the dresses/items work for you? 

10 comments:

Ashley Lane Hamlin said...

WHAT? Umm... that's an amazing idea. Now I just need somewhere to go!!

The Aly Way said...

The first Milly dress and short Tibi are so cute! Fabulous idea!

~www.thealyway.blogspot.com

Emily said...

I love RTR! It's so convenient, and such a great deal!

Liesl said...

I love so many of these pretty spring and summer dresses...I must go check out Rent the Runway now!

Liesl :)

Unknown said...

Hey there! Just came across your blog!!! Very cute and I love these dresses. I am about to treat myself to a very rare shopping spree. These dresses made me even more anxious!!

New follower!!! Love that you have moved all over...I Love TN!!! We vacation there a lot! Hope you're having a great day!

Would love to have you check my site out!

~Romantic Savy

Anonymous said...

that rebecca taylor dress is divine!

Kristen said...

I've been dying to try RTR! Just need a reason to dress up!

Kelly said...

I've heard only good things about RTR. Especially with the Proenza Schouler dress...love it!

Jessie said...

I love RTR. I have done it multiple times and always have a wonderful experience.

Christina said...

Rent the Runway is the only place I get dresses for all my formals! Its a fantastic company. Enjoy!